30 YEARS HAVE PASSED
IT'S TIME TO TELL
Facts & Figures
- More than 10,000 people died that night (the official estimate is 3,787), nearly half a million more injured from cyanide poisoning.
- One person a day continues to die as a result of the accident nearly 30 years on.
- No legal charges have ever been resolved in court.
- To date there has been no closure as to who was ultimately responsible.
Nominations & Awards
- "... Bhopal has an important place in Indian history and psyche and we believe this film is important for India and the world in view of recent environmental disasters..."
- "... The gravity of the disaster was on our shoulders, and we had to make sure each and every fact was correct and authentically recreated in the film..."
- "... The film had a production schedule over UK, USA and India... it's a truly international film with skills and crew from all over the world..."
- "... We are proud this is the first English language film in the history of Indian cinema with an international cast which has generated so much interest abroad..."